Strong wellness programs boost employee productivity and creativity, which boosts the organizations at their cores, including their bottom line.
The return on investment (ROI) related to employee wellness programs typically includes the overall health care cost-savings achieved, as well as productivity increases due to a reduction in sick days taken and poor performance (referred to as presenteeism) by employees.
Calculating the ROI based on the hard savings numbers provides most companies with the justification for implementing corporate wellness programs.
The ROI directly related to corporate wellness programs is referred as follows:
- Employees with high overall “well-being” have 41% lower health-related costs compared with employees who have health conditions.
- Healthier employees have 62% lower health-related costs compared to employees who are suffering.
- Companies that implement a wellness program experience a 28% reduction in employees calling in sick.
- Cost savings, calculated by multiplying the reduction in lost work days by average pay rates, has been shown by as much as $1.5 million; workers’ comp insurance declined by 50%.
- ROI for wellness program investment is only $0.50 per dollar for healthy employee lifestyle management but $3.80 per dollar for disease management.
- For every dollar spent on wellness programs, on average companies save $3.27 because of reduced healthcare costs.
And while the rising health costs are important measures of ROI, we must not overlook the overwhelming benefits of fostering greater workforce health and well-being that can exceed claims of ROIs.
Interestingly, employees who participate in company wellness programs do not leave. Employers who have asked departing employees in exit interviews what they will miss most with the number one answer being: the wellness program.
The most important benefit to Corporate Wellness Programs it that it saves lives.
As a Certified Corporate Wellness Educator, I have worked with companies to create a happier and healthier workplace by providing Corporate Wellness Programs centered around healthy lifestyle changes.
These programs include areas of: nutrition, disease management, disease prevention, stress management, weight management and lifestyle modifications for a healthier life.
It is my passion to help companies to cultivate an environment of wellness to inspire a culture of health-minded employees. Times are changing and the workplace needs to change along with it for the benefit of all employees.
By addressing the individuality of every company, I am also able to address the individuality of Every Body employed by that company.
My Wellness Programs are structured in one of the several formats:
- 1-hour classes or workshops,
- group coaching programs,
- multi-week programs,
- lunch and learns for educational enhancement, and
- health and wellness fairs.